Sunday, May 11, 2008

Need suggestions...
At the young age of 21 months, Charlie has developed an addiction to a particular baby music CD. At first it was cute when he danced to his favorite tunes of nursery rhymes put to music. Now, he can't get enough. He is constantly running over to the stereo and asking for more.
It would be ok if it was cool, adult friendly music like TMBG, Jack Johnson, Philadelphia Chickens to name a few. But, this music is not cool and somewhat annoying after the 50th time. Nat and I have both caught ourselves sitting in meetings quietly humming about 3 little kittens who lost their mittens...not cool at all. So, I am casting the net for suggestions of music that is pleasing to the ears of parents and approved by toddlers.
Please help :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear that They Might Be Giants has a kids album?

Also, the Really Rosie album by Carole King?

And we got a Peter Himmelman kids album, but haven't really listened to it yet.

Otherwise, get him an iPod! :)

Anonymous said...

Here are a couple of our kids favorites, both when they were younger and still frequently enjoyed: Peter, Paul and Mommy (only the original, you can skip PPM 2).

Elizabeth Mitchell - You are My Little Bird. We love this album, Jake even listens to it at work when no kids are around.

And even though they get annoying in their own right, we really enjoy the songs from the Backyardigans show.

I'll let you know if we think of more - love to you all - Jenn

Elizabeth said...

We love love love SteveSongs. In fact they are playing at Wolftrap in August and we should all organize a field trip!

sparksfly said...

I find that my kids will listen to anything I do if I act really silly when we are listening to it. I think I look like a rockstar...they think I look ridiculous. By the time they have heard the song twice, it becomes familiar to them and they want to hear it again. Also, sesame street often has guests who are current bands. Lily's first love was REM's Shiny, Happy People.

Whatever you do; don't ever bring the Alvin and the Chipmunks soundtrack into your home or vehicle. Its like needles to the ear!

Paige said...

These are all great suggestions and good advice. Thanks, All!

fisherdm said...

It was at about Charlie's age that I started paying attention to the Bach, Handel and Vivaldi my pops was a fan of playing on the big, 70s-style box speakers in the living room. Point being, the stuff he's listening to now will make an impact.