Sunday, May 04, 2008

"Fizz Keeper"
One day this week, I noticed a strange thing in our kitchen - a Coke bottle with a clamp crushing its midsection. Hmm...Did Charlie do this? No, he isn't that coordinated yet. Alas, it must be one of Nat's new ideas. I didn't mention anything about it until it it began to startle me every time I looked at it.
So, I asked, what is that? I then heard a long explanation about how Coke loses its "fizz" unless you force as much air out of the bottle as possible and close it quickly. Ok. Apparently, the gadgets that are sold in the stores do not hold a candle to the DIY clamp method.
Then, I asked the same question I have asked about a hundred times in the last ten years, "Do you know anyone else that does this?" Same answer with the same clever smile, "What does that have to do with anything?"
As of now, the Coke bottle is still clamped and in our kitchen. Who knows. Maybe the idea will catch on, reach a tipping point, and proceed to make us rich. Or, it could give all of our friends the same recurring nightmare of being clamped in the abdomen. Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genius! As a fellow Coke drinker, I will run out and buy a clamp just to save the fizz!

Paige you look great! Can't believe what a big boy Charlie is getting to be...bet he can't wait for his little brother!

xoxo,

Cara